When you have sciatica it affects nearly every aspect of your life. Bearor Family Chiropractic in Roswell, GA offers holistic and compassionate chiropractic care to reduce pain and improve the quality of your life when you’re living with sciatica.
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica is pain related to the sciatic nerve. It is the largest nerve in the body and runs from the lower back and down both legs. Any pressure on the nerve causes pain in the lower back, hips, buttocks, and legs.
The Symptoms of Sciatica
- Lower back pain
- Shooting back pain when standing
- Pain in the rear that worsens when sitting down
- Constant pain in one or both sides of the buttocks
- Hip pain
- Tingling or burning sensations down one or both legs
- Numbness, weakness, or issues moving legs or feet
Sciatic pain generally focuses on one side of the lower body, but occasionally it involves both. It could last for a few days or for weeks.
How a Chiropractor Treats and Manages Sciatica
Sciatica is something a chiropractor approaches in a variety of ways. Chiropractic adjustments realign the spine which takes the pressure off of the sciatica nerve. An adjustment offers quick relief and allows the body to heal itself without the need for medication. Massage therapy is an additional way to ease pain related to the sciatic nerve. We can refer you for massage therapy if needed.
The overall benefits of professional alignments and massage therapy include relaxing your muscles, increased blood circulation, a decrease in swelling, relief of muscular pain, reduced muscle spasms, and aid in the recovery of your sciatic nerve related pain.
The Risk Factors for Sciatica
- Occupation: People who lift heavy loads or drive vehicles for extended periods of time are at risk for sciatic nerve pain.
- Obesity: Excess body weight puts a strain on the body, including the spine. Any increased pressure on the nerve increases the chances for sciatica.
- Age: The spine changes as you age. Herniated disks and bone spurs are the most common causes.
- Diabetes: This disease changes the way your body uses blood sugar. It includes increasing nerve damage, which leads to sciatica.
- Sitting too long: People who tend to sit more than stand or walk are at a higher risk for sciatica.
- Sacral Misalignment: An unstable sacrum can cause pain in the pelvis, hips, legs, and knees.
Bearor Family Chiropractic in Roswell, GA
At Bearor Family Chiropractic we strive to provide expert chiropractic care to everyone in our community. Serving the Roswell area, we deliver on our promise to approach sciatica holistically and compassionately. Call us today at (678) 585-9956 to find pain relief so you can live a healthy and happy life.